TERRY PACK

have no worries.... live life on the wild side



Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Colby's "BIG 8"

CONGRATULATIONS TO COLBY
COLBY ERIC TERRY
BAPTIZED
MAY 2, 2010
So this little man has been waiting for this day for 8 years.... he has been sooo excited!
A few months ago we sat down to talk to him about his big day... we wanted to get his opion on who he wanted to baptize him! We gave him his choices...
1. Grandpa Terry
2. Uncle Stacy
3. Uncle James
4. Uncle Jaron
Well he just sat there... looking like he was ready to cry... so we asked what's wrong?
he answers: I wanted Daddy to Baptize me!
Eric QUICKLY answers: Sorry buddy I can't do it :(
MOMMY QUICKLY answers: WHY NOT??? you go to church now with us! you follow the rules and dont do anything bad or wrong! I really don't see why u can't...
Eric says: I didn't do Bryan so I dont see it as fair to do Colbys
Bryan answers: Dad I understand why u couldn't do mine... u were not ready and I am ok with you doing Colby... I will understand Dad it will make me happy just to watch you do it!
( Bryan later came to me crying, he was a little upset and I talked to him about it he is ok with knowing that Eric was just not ready 3 years ago... its nice to know that he understands about the church and the gospel)
SO NOW!!!
I MUST SAY
CONGRATULATIONS TO ERIC ALSO!!!
(: YOU MAKE US ALL PROUD TO CALL YOU ARE DADDY :)

So this was both their BIG DAY!!! Eric recieved his Elders and Priesthood powers and was confirmed by his father and then right after that they suited up in these cute white clothes and he was able to do it!!! He was a little nervous... he practiced tons and tons with me daily... rehearsing the phrases and doing it over and over...

I AM SOOO PROUD OF BOTH U!!!

THIS PICTURES OF THESE TWO JUST MAKES ME MELT!

So Colbys and Eric day was amazing!!! I am soo proud... I cryed most of the day, it was just so very emotional for me to know that Eric has come so far sence we got married.... for those of you that don't know Eric had not been to church sence he was about 13, when we were dating I tried and tried to get him to come with me... never had luck. Then we got married and neither one of us went for years, we had Bryan and I knew I needed to go back for Bryans life, he needed to be raised in the church, took me a long time myself to get back almost 4 years and a baby later I knew it was the right thing to do ..... we had moved into our house and we had wonderfull friends that said we could come with them (thanks Taniel and Lonny) it took me years to get Eric to come... he would come for like Christmas programs with the kids and always for Mothers Day with me... Then one day(about 3 years ago) around Christmas he asked me what I wanted and I said I want him to give me 1 sunday a month and just come to Church with me.... that 1 sunday turned into every sunday which turned into even staying threw all of church.... which got us to his BIG DAY!!! WOW it was a long road but I never gave up on him and I never will, I cried so hard during his father prayer for him, it is so wonderful to know where we can go from here and I am so proud of my self for never giving up on him... I had my days BELIEVE me that I wanted to just forget it and stop asking... but I am so glad I never did give up

I LOVE U ERIC !!!! AND SO HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING U HAVE DONE..... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK... AND LETS KEEP THE JOURNEY GOING

4 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations for all of you, that is Awesome!

Jamie said...

Yea! Very excited for you and your family! We are getting closer to a baptism ourself. Our oldest turns 8 next February. Crazy how time flies!

Jamie Wobbles said...

Jules!! that's awesome!! your post actually made me cry! :)

Rowberry Family said...

Way to go, it takes alot of hard work and commitment and you guys are doing awesome!